The long-running national tour of The Phantom of the Opera will play September 23-October 31 at Los Angeles' Pantages Theater. The theater will be the tour's final stop, though an official closing date is yet to be announced.
Based on the classic novel Le Fantôme de L'Opéra by Gaston Leroux, the show features music by Andrew Lloyd Webber, lyrics by Charles Hart (with additional lyrics by Richard Stilgoe), and book by Richard Stilgoe and Andrew Lloyd Webber. It has production design by the late Maria Björnson, lighting by Andrew Bridge, and sound by Martin Levan. Direction is by Harold Prince and musical staging and choreography is by Gillian Lynne. Orchestrations are by David Cullen and Andrew Lloyd Webber.
The tour, which played its 7,000th performance in late January, currently stars Tim Martin Gleason as the Phantom,Sean MacLaughlin as Raoul, and Trista Moldovan as Christine.
- Viktoria Tocca's new video! (29 Jan 2011 8:20:59)
- Phantom of the Opera National Tour Extends Until October 31 (20 Aug 2010 12:21:59)
- Tim Martin Gleason Discusses Tour Closing & His 9 Years with 'Phantom' (29 Jun 2010 20:03:26)
- POTO Group On Youtube (7 Feb 2010 15:17:54)
- Phantom News roundup (25 Oct 2009 5:05:22)
- The buried recordings from the Opera Garnier are revealed. (15 Dec 2008 10:59:15)