Register now!

Resend Activation Email
T-Shirts & More
Navigation
Buy Phantom

Phantom T-shirts & Gifts

Buy The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux - UK
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux - US

For more Phantom of the Opera books, CDs and films, visit the Phantom Fan Store.

In association with Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk

Recent news
Sponsor links

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic    Register To Post

Best Seats at Majestic Theatre on Brodway??
protege
Hey ladies,

A friend of mine is going to POTO with her dh for their anniversary. She ws wondering if you could tell her the best seats for the Phantom on Broadway (Majestic Theatre)? Orchestra or Mezzanine and which rows?

TIA!! :)

~Candace

Posted on: 26 Jan 2006 0:29
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Best Seats at Majestic Theatre on Brodway??

When I went to see it at the Majestic Theatre I sat Orchestra far right an the 7th row back. They were great seats but I would try to get in the middle instead of the wings.

Posted on: 26 Jan 2006 0:47

For the first time, front & center of the mezzanine is great. Too close and you don't see the whole show...

But...if you want to be under the chandelier and all that fun...center orchestra is great...between E and K.

Posted on: 26 Jan 2006 1:57

The first time I saw the show I was in Orchestra row C seat 3, right in the middle. It was really perfect, right under the chandelier. Another great seat is Front Mezz row A seat 109. It is the front row of the mezzanine directly in the center. Since some of the action takes place above the stage, it's a great vantage point to have. I've sat at one point or another in every section & view and they are all pretty good, but those would be my top choices.

Posted on: 26 Jan 2006 5:29

protege
I would go with anywhere in the first 3 rows (A-C), orchestra seats, preferably right near the center of the row. Usually any farther back and getting a good view of the stage becomes a bit of a problem (depending on how tall you are). That, and Row C, directly in the middle, is right underneath the chandelier. When it falls, it feels like it's right on your head, and it ain't slow like in some productions, either Try not to get seats to the sides--strange as it sounds, if you get seats that are too far off to one side, the mirror effect during the dressing room scene can't be seen very well.

Posted on: 26 Jan 2006 5:45

And now that we're talking about seats, how about Her Majesty's in London?

Posted on: 26 Jan 2006 12:09

In The Majestic I sat in row A seat 109 and thought it was perfect.
This Saturday I'm going to Her Majesty's, and when I rang to book ( six months ago ), I was recommended to sit in the Stalls, row F, seats 13 & 14. These apparently are referred to as "The Producers" seats - anyone of importance involved with the show sits here. Maybe she spun me a line, I don't know, but I'm looking forward to seeing the show from a different vantage position anyway.

www.theatremonkey.com gives advice on seating and the pros and cons of each seat.

Posted on: 26 Jan 2006 12:54

Edited by mollymoo on 26 Jan 2006 13:02:10

protege
Thank you all so much! :)

Posted on: 29 Jan 2006 5:51

See if you can get something in the First mezzanine. Those are all decent seats, no matter how far back your row is.

The box seats are pretty good, too.

Posted on: 1 Feb 2006 12:51

"AND REMEMBER THE TRUTH THAT ONCE WAS SPOKEN: TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"--- LES MISERABLES

http://www.myspace.com/21069719

When I went, I was in the tenth row of the orchestra seats, near the centre. If you want to get a bit of the falling chandelier experience, I'd say get seats in the first five (or so) rows. Not too near, though, or you won't be able to see the stage clearly!

Posted on: 2 Feb 2006 3:53

the best seats are on row c, to the end of the left hand side, and I got a few looks from Andre and Firmin in notes, as i was following along with every word, beaming, and off the persain monkey in maqurade. Also, the kiss at the end happens right in front of there, and the ice cream stand is right next to those seats, he he he..!

Posted on: 12 Jul 2006 9:34

Whatever you do, DO NOT sit in the last rows of the orchestra like we did on our school trip. It was a nasty shock for us: you can't see the chandelier, the angel structure, or the Phantom during the croaking scene. It didn't bother me because I'd seen it already, but those who hadn't were pretty upset. If it comes to a choice between those seats and ones in about the same spot in the mezz, take the mezz. At least you'll be able to see.

Posted on: 12 Jul 2006 11:16
Avvie by MaskedNicci.

Quote:

RoseMaiden wrote:
Whatever you do, DO NOT sit in the last rows of the orchestra like we did on our school trip. It was a nasty shock for us: you can't see the chandelier, the angel structure, or the Phantom during the croaking scene. It didn't bother me because I'd seen it already, but those who hadn't were pretty upset. If it comes to a choice between those seats and ones in about the same spot in the mezz, take the mezz. At least you'll be able to see.

I prefer not to sit any further back than Row L if I'm in the orchestra section. The overhang of the mezz blocks, as you listed, much of the chandelier, the Phantom on the catwalk during "Il Muto," and the Phantom on the angel. I had Row R the second time I saw it last summer and missed a great angel reprise from Hugh because of that.

I've had better experiences from the extreme right rear mezz than that.

Posted on: 12 Jul 2006 11:47

How about just get like front row, i have sat in front row twice going on 3 and you feel like the phantom is actually singing to you when he's in the angel. The flames hit you really hard, lol, but front row is the best area to sit.

Posted on: 14 Jul 2006 2:35

Quote:

Phantom059 wrote:
How about just get like front row, i have sat in front row twice going on 3 and you feel like the phantom is actually singing to you when he's in the angel. The flames hit you really hard, lol, but front row is the best area to sit.

I've met some people who actually don't like front row. They feel like they're too close to see the "whole picture" and don't like looking up (though the Majestic stage isn't even that high compared to some others).

I love the front row. But, if I could go back in time, I rather I hadn't sat there for my first time.

Posted on: 14 Jul 2006 9:36

ballet rat
Haha. I personally thought my 3rd row, center stage, on the floor seats were bloody great. When the chandelire came crashing down, my friend and I thought it was going to hit us.. That's how close it came. And the Phantom, when singing his "You will curse the day you did not do..", for my performance, he was sitting up in the angel statue-like-thing, right over our heads.. Heheh. I thought the over-all performance was amazing, and I just died. Never thought I'd have such great seating, for buying our tickets at last minute. :)

Posted on: 14 Jul 2006 21:25

My first time was mezzanine front and to the right...
it was amazing.
I'd reccommend a bit more mezzanine front and center for box 5 :D

but that's just me
my friends were in the mezzanine back and left and couldn't see a thing, and my other friends were orchestra frontish and middle....they couldn't see EVERYTHING, but they said it was still great.

lol we weren't too good with the planning on getting our seats NEAR each other :D

Posted on: 14 Jul 2006 21:31

I don't suffer from an addiction to Gerry Butler, I enjoy EVERY MINUTE of it!!!

I had seats in the very first row of the front mezz when I had seen the show 6 months ago. Amazing! The chandelier was so close to me!

Posted on: 16 Jul 2006 1:22

When I saw it at the Majestic last summer, I was in a box. (Box 50! I was so sad because it wasn't box 5..haha) It was really interesting because I could see really far back on the stage, but it had the drawback of not really being able to see the front of the stage so great. I could barely see Christine entering the mirror with Erik. I'd suggest the mezzanine in the front, that's usually the best place in any theater, unless it's got something specifically different about the show or theater.

Posted on: 17 Jul 2006 16:34

I'm going to the Majestic at the end of the month and sitting row J center orchestra.
I've just looked at the seating plan which states the front mezz overhangs row H
Anyone know if I will see the chandelier once it has risen, The Angel or The Phantom during IL Muto???

Posted on: 7 Nov 2006 18:02

Top   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Register To Post

[Advanced Search]